Happy Friday, y’all … I am here to share my picks with you for the Sephora Holiday Savings Event! The sale starts today and depending on your Sephora Rewards membership level, you can take up to 20% off your purchase with code with code YAYHOLIDAY at checkout.
- From 11/5 – 11/15, Rouge members can take 20% off their purchase.
- From 11/9 – 11/15, VIBs can take 15% off their purchase.
- From 11/11 – 11/15, Beauty Insiders can take 10% off their purchase.
The Sephora Holiday Savings Event is a great opportunity to stock up on your tried and true favorite products, or maybe even to try something totally new! And naturally it’s a great opportunity to get started on your holiday gift giving.
Now, I’ve mentioned this MANY TIMES in the past, but it deserves repeating: Sephora is one of my favorite stores on the planet. I love testing out and trying new products — and Sephora makes it really easy with their super knowledgable staff and generous return policy. I also really appreciate their ‘Clean at Sephora’ label — that way, I can easily find products that are formulated without a long (and frightening) list of chemicals. A few years ago I switched to almost all clean / cruelty-free beauty products, and this section has been an incredible resource.
A Rundown of my Sephora Holiday Savings Event Favorites
Milk Makeup is hands down one of my favorite makeup brands. Not only are they have the ‘Clean at Sephora’ label, they’re also totally vegan and cruelty-free, which I love. And what’s even better is that their products work really well — which hasn’t always been the case with vegan or cruelty-free brands, sadly.
My Milk Makeup favorites include:
- Their Kush Mascara — I’ve tried so many other brands but keep coming back to it. It gives your lashes megawatt curl and volume. The waterproof formula is also really good, if you’re looking for more stay-put power.
- Their Sunshine Skin Tint — If you’re looking for a light coverage foundation that has SPF in it, it’s one of my go-to foundations for summer. (PS – if you’re looking for more of a buildable medium coverage foundation, then their Blur Liquid Matte Foundation is also awesome).
- I also love their HydroGrip Primer — the consistency kinda reminds me of pure aloe vera gel because it dries down a bit tacky after you apply it, but it’s really good at getting makeup to stay put. Their new HydroGrip Setting & Refreshing Spray is also amazing.
- Their Kush Fiber Brow Gel — its super easy to apply and fills in your brows perfectly, especially if you over-tweezed them in your teenage years like I did (I blame Gwen Stefani).
- Their Kush Lip Balms — they give you the perfect hint of color but are also a super creamy lip balm (with absolutely no stickiness).
Fenty Beauty by Rihanna
Fenty Beauty by Rihanna is probably the makeup brand that I own more of than anything else. The products are just so damn good! Basically everything above is something I have and use on a regular basis.
My Fenty Beauty favorites include:
- Their Pro Filt’r Hydrating Longwear Foundation is awesome — it’s the only foundation I’ve found that cuts out my redness from my eczema, and doesn’t settle into my pores or move during the day. And it’s super moisturizing. They also have a Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation that’s really good if you have oily skin. They also have 50 different shades, so they were really thoughtful when they developed their line so that it truly accommodates all skin tones.
- Continuing with the foundations, they actually released *two brand new foundation types* recently: a powder formula called Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Powder Foundation (which I honestly didn’t think I would love but I LOVE it), and a new tinted moisturizer called Eaze Drop Blurring Skin Tint. I love the consistency but I think personally I prefer a more medium coverage and this is definitely their lightest coverage yet.
- Their Pro Filt’r Instant Retouch Concealer is also the only concealer I’ve tried that adequately covers up my dark under eye circles and doesn’t budge during the day.
- Their Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer continues to be one of my favorite lip glosses (I think I’ve purchased and emptied it at least three times so far) … but they also released a Pro Kiss’r Luscious Lip Balm that is equally amazing — it has less of a shimmer, and a creamier, more balm-like texture of course.
- I always get compliments when I wear both their Snap Shadows Mix & Match Eyeshadow Palettes (I have palettes 2, 6, and 10), and their Flypencil Longwear Pencil Eyeliners (I have the shades Moon Dunes, Purple Stuff, and Puppy Eyes).
I also love their Total Cleans’r Remove-It-All Cleanser, their Fat Water Pore-Refining Toner Serum, and their Hydra Vizor Invisible Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Sunscreen. All three are really creamy, luxurious feeling, and work really well.
rms beauty is probably the cleanest of all the ‘Clean at Sephora’ brands. And you know how tons of brands throw around the terms “organic” and “all natural” when they don’t even mean anything? rms beauty is the real deal.
All of their products are certified organic, non-GMO, hypoallergenic, noncomedogenic, cruelty-free and are free of soy, gluten, parabens, sulfates, phalatates, silicone, talc, petrolatum, and polyethylene/PEGs. They even almost exclusively use raw and naturally-derived color pigments, which is incredibly rare in cosmetics. Aside from their very high standards, their products feel really good on your skin — almost like skincare (which they basically are). And the Sephora Holiday Savings Event is a great time to give them a try.
My rms beauty favorites include:
- Their Living Luminizer — it’s a luxuriously creamy highlighter that the founder of rms beauty (Rose Marie Swift) taught me to put on my cheekbones, under the arches of my eyebrows, the inside corners of my eyes, and my cupid’s bow. Yes, she did my makeup on me once (during an event at the Birchbox store in SoHo) and gave me all of her tips & tricks. It was so freaking cool.
- Their Un Cover-Up Concealer/Foundation is another double-duty miracle pot. It’s moisturizing, light coverage that barely feels like you have anything on. It also really helps diminish my redness from eczema.
- She also taught me that a lot of their products do double-duty, especially their Lip2Cheek color, which can obviously be used on both lips as a subtle lip color and on cheeks as a blush. My favorite shade was ‘Beloved’ — red with a hint of poppy.
- Their Beauty Oil is the very first face oil I’ve ever tried, and it’s still one of my favorites. During the winter especially, this stuff moisturizes my skin like nothing else I’ve ever tried.
- I also just started using their Straight Up Volumizing Peptide Mascara and I’m very impressed so far. The formula is super soft, it doesn’t flake or smudge at all during the day, and it doesn’t take much effort to remove it all at night.
More of my Sephora Holiday Savings Event Favorites
There are a few other products from Sephora that I am really loving right now:
The Ilia Soft Focus Finishing Powder — I started using this over the summer when I wanted a more matte look to finish off my makeup, and I really love it. It stays put all day and gives a kind of blurring effect which I really love. They also have a radiant version if you love setting powder but want a bit of a glow.
The Nécessaire Deodorant — I gave this a try after reading a ton of the reviews and I’m happy I tried it. It’s one of the only natural deodorants I’ve tried that 1) actually works and lasts throughout the day, and 2) didn’t give me a rash haha. And I love the eucalyptus scent (but they also have a fragrance-free option if you’d prefer that).
The Drybar Double Shot Blow Dryer Brush — I know it’s a little pricey but it’s AMAZING. It straightens my entire head of curls in less than 20 minutes. And the Sephora Spring Savings Event is the best time to snag it at a discount! Their Hold Me Hair Clips are also a great tool for sectioning off your hair while blow-drying, which makes the process go that much smoother.
The Clean Reserve Radiant Nectar Eau de Parfum — I was honestly surprised that I liked this scent because I’m usually more of a fan of citrusy perfumes. This one smells delicious though!
Farmacy’s Green Clean Makeup Meltaway Cleansing Balm is one of my favorite makeup removers. It’s so soft and creamy and removes all of my makeup in one shot.
Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream is one of the best OG moisturizers — it’s simple, hard working, and a great daily moisturizer for normal to dry skin (or if you have oily skin, I would recommend trying out their Ultra Facial Oil-Free Gel Cream). And if you’re someone who is always dealing with dry or cracked hands, I am eternally obsessed with their Ultimate Strength Hand Salve – it’s a magical potion and would be great to get ahead of the winter months!
Other Sephora Best-Sellers
Since the Sephora Holiday Savings Event is happening now, I also wanted to share some of their current best-selling products — just click on any image below for a direct link to the product page so you can learn more about them!
PS – you can find more of my latest posts by clicking here.