Here are some things I'd love for this weekend ... a.k.a. my Weekend Wants.
1) To meet a new friend ... tonight, I am dragging my ass to Greenpoint, Brooklyn, to a happy hour / welcome home party for someone I've never met. Now, normally a bar is the absolute last place I'd want to go on a Friday night (I am a very lame grandma after work), but this is a VERY special occasion. A coworker of mine has just been reunited with her fiance after she has been away for an entire year, serving our country in Afghanistan.
(Kym's personal photo)
And if she can go all the way to Afghanistan, then you'd better believe I'm not going to complain one bit about going to a bar. Welcome home, Kristen! And thank you for serving our country.
2) To catch up on sleep ... I am exhausted from this week. Again. And I don't know why. This week just flat out kicked my ass. I am not setting the alarm.
3) To watch the Golden Globes ... between critiquing everyone's fashion choices, watching E!'s Live from the Red Carpet, AND Tina Fey and Amy Poehler hosting ... I seriously can't wait until Sunday!
(Image courtesy of NBC)
4) To do some cooking ... last weekend, I barely had the chance to do any cooking. This weekend, I want to get back to my usual Sunday habit of roasting peppers, making soup and comfort food dinners. Yum.
5) To do some pinning ... I also want to catch up on my pinning. Are you on Pinterest?
What are your plans for this weekend?